The Sun Belt Conference game at Strahan Arena in the University Events Center on Wednesday night will feature the South Alabama Jaguars against the Texas State Bobcats.
The Jaguars, currently 15-14 this season, have been on a four-game winning streak after beating the UL Monroe Warhawks 81-45 at home last Saturday. The Bobcats, on the other hand, have a record of 13-16 (6-10) and are coming off a 78-75 win against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on the road.
In their previous encounter on Jan. 7, the Bobcats won 64-58 on the road. Despite this setback, the South Alabama Jaguars have been playing well, particularly in their recent win against the UL Monroe Warhawks, where they showed a dominant first-half performance. They shot exceptionally well, with 56.1 percent overall, 50 percent from three. Guard Greg Parham II led the team with 19 points, one rebound, and five assists in just 25 minutes. The Jaguars also performed admirably on defense, limiting the Warhawks to 25 percent from the floor and 17.4 percent from beyond the arc, while recording four steals and eight blocks throughout the game.
Currently ranked 194th in the nation, the South Alabama Jaguars are averaging 70.9 points per game and shooting 46.8 percent from the floor, with an average of 11.8 assists per game. Defensively, they are allowing 64.9 points per game, which ranks 50th in the country, and have recorded 4.3 blocks and 6.1 steals per game this season.
Let’s check the latest picks, NCAAB news, stats and NCAAB expert picks for South Alabama vs Texas State. We’ve plenty of NCAAB predictions for you to consider.
The Texas State Bobcats are coming off a 78-75 win against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, with a 44-41 second-half victory. They shot the ball well, with a 53.7 percent shooting percentage throughout the game, 31.6 percent from beyond the arc, and 16 free-throw attempts. Guard Mason Harrell led the team with 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Defensively, the Bobcats struggled, allowing the Chanticleers to shoot 49 percent from the floor, 53.8 percent from three, and 20 free-throw attempts. They only recorded 3 steals and 5 blocks throughout the game.
Offensively, the Texas State Bobcats have been struggling this season, averaging only 65.4 points per game, which ranks 329th in the country, and 9.8 assists per game. They have been shooting at a decent 43.4 percent from the field, but their defense has been solid, allowing just 66.7 points per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. They have recorded 3.4 blocks and 6.3 steals per game this season to improve their defensive game.
South Alabama Jaguars vs Texas State Bobcats Game Information
- Date: 02/22/2023
- Time: 08:00 PM ET
- Location: Strahan Arena at the University Events Center, San Marcos, TX.
- How to Watch South Alabama vs Texas State : ESPN+
- Live Stream: CBS.com
South Alabama vs Texas State Betting Lines
South Alabama is -145 according to our Vegas NCAAB Lines. This means that if you wager $100 you have the chance to win $80.On the other side, Texas State is +125 according to the Vegas NCAAB Lines. This means that if you wager $100 you have the chance to win $125.
The implied probability for these two teams attached to the betting lines has South Alabama at a 55.56% chance of winning the game, meanwhile Texas State has 44.44% probability of finishing the game with the W.
Sign-up at BetUS TODAY and get 125% BONUS. Use the Promo Code BETUSTV125. Terms and Conditions apply.